Join the runners and walkers including Olympians in this historic event. 2022 will be the 100th.
- Indoor bib and race wear pickup, refreshments and awards in the YMCA main gymnasium. Everything happens on Race Day.
- Scenic and challenging course includes downtown streets and a paved waterfront trail. The City of Hamilton has been upgrading the waterfront trail to deal with storms and higher lake levels. You will notice a wider path in the Cootes Paradise portion of the 10 miler.
- A custom snowman medal and a fleece blanket are waiting for you at the finish.
- Change rooms with showers for entrants, spectators are welcome in the gym. Leashed and identified service dogs welcome - no pets.
- $3,200 cash purse divided between the 10 & 4 mile runs. Belt buckles for top three in 10 year age groups.
- Male and Female 10 mile run: 1st $600, 2nd $400, 3rd $200, 1st master 40+ $200. 4 mile run 1st $200
- We support Canadian Athletes. Athletes that receive support from Athletics Canada can apply for a complimentary entry. Please e-mail from the contact tab.
- $5,000 is donated annually from the Run to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. This helps local children participate in YMCA programs such as fitness, day care and camping.
- Looking for well organized running races across Canada. Check out the Canada Running Series
- Organized by the volunteers of the Hamilton Harriers Running and Walking Club. Come and run or walk with us. We meet Wednesdays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 8:00am at the YMCA.
- We use Niko Apparel a Hamilton company for our race wear. They also supply the Canadian Olympic Rowing Team.
- We use Chiptime Results, a Hamilton company, to time our event. www.chiptimeresults.com 2019 10 mile results 2019 4 mile results
- Our event is certified and accredited by Athletics Ontario # 202020021 Both the 10 and 4 runs are part of the Ontario Athletics runners rankings. Click to find out more https://athleticsontario.ca/athlete-registration/
Watch the slide show below. Have a Boxing Day Picture? Send it to the contact page and we might include it.
10 mile run course ( 2 1/2 hour time limit )
4 mile run or walk course